Sunday 26 August 2018

Mixing It Up With Imagination Crafts

Hello!

Welcome to my first blog as part of the Imagination Crafts Design Team.


I'm delighted to be able to share with you projects I've made for Hochanda shows featuring the amazing range of products from Sue & the team at Imagination Crafts.

Let's start with a real splash of colour!


I loved making this bright tag for the August One Day Special show on Hochanda. It was the perfect way to play with lots of fabulous Imagination Crafts goodies & some of my favourite techniques.

Here's how I did it.


 I used Imagination Crafts black gesso to cover my tag.


Next I used the 'Harlequin' stencil and applied Imagination Crafts white gesso through the the stencil using a sponge.


 Using sponge again I applied Imagination Crafts Mixed Media Sprays in Blue, Fuchsia and Purple. Just spray a small amount on your sponge at close range then dab it through your stencil.


I then stamped through the stencil using a permanent ink and an Imagination Crafts Texture Art stamp.


Next I removed the 'Harlequin' stencil and switched to the A4 Dragonfly Textures Stencil to add the white details with white gesso and a sponge again.


 I then added white heat embossed swirls from the Texture Art Stamp set above. I then stippled some of the Chickenwire Magicutz with Gold Starlight paint (not shown)


 On a piece of matte black cardstock, I stencilled a white gesso dragonfly and over stamped it with clear heat embossed detail using the leaf vein stamp from the Texture Art Stamp set above.


 I then spritzed the dragonfly using Imagination Crafts Mixed Media sprays in green and light blue before cutting it out.
I stuck the Magicutz & dragonfly onto my tag using Magi-bond.



Don't miss Sue and Imagination Crafts on Hochanda (Sky 673, Freeview 85, Freesat 817) on 

Saturday 1st August at 9am, 1pm & 5pm

All products used are available at www.crafterscompanion.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Wendy.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Wendy I love the bright colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. The Imagination Crafts Mixed Media sprays are fabulous for giving projects a blast of colour.

      Delete
  3. love all the colours looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Wendy. Congratulations on your DT position xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. It was lovely to see you at art journaling class today xx

      Delete